1. In Pantasma we have been asked to help a family who has six children, four of them are severely mentally challenged. The parents and their two other children work hard to keep them at home. There are no placement possibilities for them in Nicaragua. I visited with the Dr Canales about this last week. There is not much we can do for the children but we can do something for the family.
- Build a kitchen ($1,800),
- concert all floors in the house to help keep the children cleaner ($600),
- help the two other children with their education (that was their only request) ($50 a month for both),
- purchase a manual washing machine ($200) and
- help with the support of the mother so that she does not have to leave the children and go to the streets to sell food ($80.00 a month).
I decided not to put pictures in this newsletter but if you desire to help and would like to understand more about the situation then we will provide additional details and pictures. All the help we are giving to the family is being coordinate by Angel, the minister of the church in Pantasma.
2. We received an email confirming the offer of food (soup mix) containers but we need the cost of shipping and distribution, $8,000 for each container.
3. As we start the new school year, Alberto has an additional five schools for us to strive to help. We will start school, February 15th, with 26 schools with more than 1,200 students. $350 a month supports a school with 35 to 45 students with a teacher, supplies, food, parasite medicine and vitamins.
4. $18,500 is needed to purchase an additional van.
5. Character Compass…$3,600 is needed in 2011 for us to add Character First material to the curriculum in our schools. We have been given permission for free use of the material; the cost is to cover the printing of the hand-out material for the children.
6. Plans are being made to plant three new congregations in 2011: San Juan, Yali and Naranja. Contact us today about the support needed for these new congregations. $300 a month is needed for each of those new congregations.